Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mia and the Gang from Black Dog Ranch

Hi everyone, it's me Mia,

Well it has been a very busy week around here. Ms. Charlene has gone to a lot of Book Readings and Book Signings and she said that everyone really wants to meet me. She tells everyone she meets about how special I am and what a blessing me and the others have been to her. I'm not sure what that means, but it must be something good because when Ms. Charlene was telling us about it I got to sit on her lap. Ms. Charlene said I am almost too big to fit there, but she doesn't mind. She gave us chicken strips and big knotted chew bones too!

Teddie had to get on to Mickey because he always tries to get more than his share of the chicken strips when they are being passed out. Ms. Charlene said that Mickey can't help himself because he is her little cookie monster. I think that's a good way to describe him too!

Well I'm worried about Ms. Charlene, she lost her job this week and she has been kind of down in the dumps. She said that we are the only thing that keeps her going sometimes. She is hoping that my Book, Stories From Black Dog Ranch, will take off eventually so she won't have to worry about having money to take care of all of us. She said when the good Lord closes one door that means he is getting ready to open another one. I hope that is true because we love Ms. Charlene and don't want to see her worry so much.

Ms. Charlene has a book signing at the Jefferson County Windsor Library in Barnhart, Missouri tomorrow night and guess what; I get to go with her!!! I can't wait to meet all of those wonderful people, especially the kids and give them all a big kiss right on the nose. I hope lots of kids come out to see us and hopefully buy my book so they can take it home and read it all the time. The one bad thing about going with Ms. Charlene to these things is I have to have a bath first. I really don't understand why. I mean don't kids like dirt too??? Maybe some day grown up humans will understand the health benefits of dirt. Kids and dogs and dirt just seem to go together; don't they?

Well I better go for now. Talk more soon,

Mia

No comments: