Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mia and the Gang from Black Dog Ranch

Hi everyone. It's me Mia.

I'm acting silly for Ms. Charlene in this picture. Ms. Charlene told me I am such a blessing. I don't know for sure what that means, but it must be something good because she gave me a big hug!

Well this week has been kind of sad for all of us here at the ranch and especially for Ms. Marie, Baby Blaze's Mommy. Ms. Charlene and Ms. Marie took Baby Blaze to the Indiana Horse Rescue Ranch in Owensville, Indiana this past week-end. Ms. Charlene said it was a very hard choice for Ms. Marie to make, but she had to do what was best for Baby Blaze. As you all know from his story in my book Blaze had twisted legs and he needs to be at a wonderful facility like the Indiana Horse Rescue where they have the resources to take care of him and hopefully find a way to fix his legs so he won't have to be in pain from walking on them. They are doing wonderful things to help all sort of horses and all of us here at the Black Dog Ranch would really appreciate all of you nice people to give what you can to their ranch. http://www.indianahorserescue.com/ You can go to their website and make donations or sponsor your favorite horses and learn all about the ones that live there with Blaze. I will be donating part of my Book sales "Stories from Black Dog Ranch" in honor of Baby Blaze and all the other deserving horses at Indiana Horse Rescue.

Ms. Charlene said even though Blaze is living with the nice people at Indiana Horse Rescue right now he is still a part of our family and aren't we all in this together anyway? She said that together we can make a difference one animal and one story at a time. Let's do it for all those Blazes' out there everywhere!

Well I better go for now,

Talk more soon, Mia

2 comments:

Hudson said...

I'm sure that was such a hard decision but certainly one done out of total love for this beautiful horse. We foster dogs so I know the pain you must be feeling to let her go as part of my heart goes with each foster dog that passes through our house. You did the right thing for her. Hudson is still one of your biggest fans!!

Kristie C Jones said...

Hudson, thank you soooo much for always being there for us!!! You and your mom have been such a great friend to all of us at Black Dog Ranch.
We will miss Blaze, but he remains here with us in our hearts.

Mia and the Gang from Black Dog Ranch