Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mia and the Black Dog Ranch Gang

Hi Everyone, it's me Mia,
Well this week has been a new beginning for all of us here at the ranch. Ms. Charlene and some of her friends and family started building our new fence. It's not done yet, but pretty soon Teddie is not going to be able to take us to the woods behind our farm. I don't think he is going to be very happy about that either. Ever since Teddie has lived here at the ranch he thinks it is his job to guard the woods as well as the farm, but Ms. Charlene told Teddie she doesn't think it is safe in those woods because there could be hunters and someone might get hurt. so Ms. Charlene is going to make sure our new fence is going to keep us safe. I think Betty is glad that we will have to stay around the farm. She told me that she is tired of getting all of those burrs in her hair anyway. She said the only reason she followed the rest of us is because she didn't want to miss out on something cool like seeing a rabbit or a squirrel, but now that we will all be staying home she can just enjoy her chew bones and laying around in the sun.
Ms. Charlene said she has a lot of schools wanting her to come and read my book to all of the children and she is really excited about that. She told me that everybody wants to hear my stories and learn all about us here at Black Dog Ranch. She said that I might get to go with her to a couple of special book signings too! I would just love to meet all of those kids and give them a kiss. The more Ms. Charlene gets my book out there the more we can help other dogs and horses find loving forever homes. Ms. Charlene said that is what is really important and I think so too.
Well that's it for now. Talk more soon,
Mia

No comments: