Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mia and the Black Dog Ranch Bunch

Hi everyone. It's me Mia.

Well this is me posing for a picture at the Bark in the Park this past week-end. Boy was there a lot of dogs there. I have never seen so many dogs ever! Ms. Charlene told me I was the most beautiful dog there in my new bandanna.

Ms. Charlene said it was wonderful how all of those great people came out to support the Humane Society of Missouri and how all the money we raised will go to help a lot of other animals that deserve a second chance and a loving forever home too!

I really liked meeting all those new people, but meeting some of the other dogs made me a little bit nervous. They all wanted to smell of me. Ms. Charlene said they were just saying hello so I stuck close to Ms. Charlene's side and I guess it wasn't all that bad in the end. Ms. Charlene and Ms. Marie bought me and my friend Shawnee REAL Beef Jerkeys on the way home and that made us both feel pretty special.

You know even though I like going with Ms. Charlene to special events and meeting all those wonderful kids and grown-ups it sure does feel good to get back to the Black Dog Ranch and just hang out with my brothers and sisters. Ms. Charlene says that is why it's important for all of us to do what we can to help those who can't help themselves. There really is no place like home and being with family and don't all dogs deserve a home and a family of their own!

Well I better go for now, we have a busy week coming up again this week. Ms. Charlene is going to be at George Guffey Elementary in Fenton, Mo. and Fox Elementary in Arnold, Mo. tomorrow reading my book to all the kids there and then later in the week she is taking me with her to read my book for the kids at GreenPark Christian Academy in South County, (St. Louis).

Talk more soon,

Mia

No comments: