Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mia and the Gang from Black Dog Ranch

Hi everyone. It's me Mia.

Boy has it been a beautiful day today! We have been playing in the yard with Ms. Charlene and she came up with a new game for us to play.

We are all trying to figure out why Ms. Charlene wants us to chase this round flat thing she keeps calling a "Frisbee"??? I told Teddie for him to go get it because I would rather sit on my bench on the front porch. He told Molly to go fetch it because he would rather chase the horses. Molly said she was afraid of that thing and she wasn't going near it so she told Mickey to go get it and he said if it wasn't a cookie or a treat he wasn't interested. So after all of that the Frisbee is laying in the yard somewhere and we are all sitting on the front porch with Ms. Charlene taking it easy this afternoon. Ms. Charlene gave us all some treats and said if we didn't want to fetch a Frisbee that was just fine with her because not all dogs have to do tricks to be special!

Well we are getting ready for our big Parade at Country Days in Farmington this next Saturday, June 6th. Ms. Charlene's sister, Gena E. Faulkner, she illustrated my book, "Stories from Black Dog Ranch", is doing an awesome job designing our float and I can't wait to ride on it with Ms. Charlene and my brothers and sisters. There will be lots of kids and grown-ups there to see all of us that day and we can't wait to see them too!

Remember everyone that I will be coming to Arnold, Missouri to the Fox Center's Paw Pals Festival on Jeffco Blvd. after my parade to meet all the great kids and teachers from the Fox School District. We will be there around noon so be sure and come by!!!!

Ms. Charlene is also very excited to go visit Seckman Elementary School tomorrow in Imperial Missouri and tell all those wonderful kids there about my book. Ms. Charlene said that is her favorite thing to do is share our stories with everyone.

One last thing, we have a new friend, Lola. Ms. Charlene and her sister rescued her last week and she is probably going to stay with Ms. Charlene's sister and her children. They have already fallen in love with her and I'm pretty sure that Lola feels the same about them too. I just wanted to show you a picture of how pretty she is and to remind everyone that we all deserve a second chance at happiness! Talk more soon, Mia

No comments: